Episode 21: Q&A

By Ernesto & Leslie

Subscribe to our Podcast: Apple Podcasts and Spotify. We want to hear your feedback. Please email us your comments and suggestions at bezelbanter@gmail.com. Let’s chat!

It’s Q&A time! And it’s Ernesto’s favorite (Leslie still refuses to pick a favorite because everything’s her favorite). Thank you everyone for your amazing questions and for putting us to work to answer them. We love it!

  1.  @thepaulanewman -- What's something watch-related that you are afraid to admit? I'll go first..."I love the Code 11:59".

  2. Trish @watch_girl_life -- What would be in your 3 x 3 watch collection? Collection 1: $1-5k; Collection 2: $5-10k; Collection 3: $10-20k

  3. Skip @watchingsrq -- Do you think Rolex prices will continue to inflate or is there a bubble that will eventually pop?

  4. Mike @onehundredtwentyclicks -- When packing for vacation, the hardest part is deciding which and how many watches to bring. So I'm curious, do you bring multiple watches, or are you a one watch traveler?

  5. Sam @sam_in_atx -- I'm thinking about buying a 36mm Rolex Day-Date (President) in yellow gold. It would be a more vintage watch, but I'm not a formal person. I'm a T-shirt and jeans guy. Can I pull it off, or is it too much? Can you take a more formal watch and make it casual?

  6. @kewldad123 -- Is the traditional mechanical watch industry facing the new quartz crisis with Apple watches? If so, what actions do you think Nicolas Hayek would take, if still alive and running the Swatch group, to combat the coming apple crisis?

  7. Andre @watch_roll -- I've always been curious coming from another enthusiast's point of view. If you were to trim down your collection to the smallest possible minimum number, how many watches would that be? What would those pieces be?

  8. Jenny @jenniferla24 -- I currently have 2 stainless steel Rolex watches (26mm with salmon dial, fluted bezel w/ a jubilee bracelet and a 34mm Date with a silver dial, fluted bezel w/ an oyster bracelet). I have a 6" wrist and am trying to figure out which models make the most sense. I should add that I'm looking at the watches on straps since the watches I currently have are all on bracelets (i.e., dark brown strap on a blue dial and the Reverso with an exotic strap). Possible options include JLC Reverso, Speedmaster, IWC LPP Chronograph, IWC Portugieser Automatic 40 (blue), or El Primero Chronomaster (or possibly the open-heart version). What are your thoughts?

  9. Gabriel @gahindin -- I wanted to provide you with a little background that I've planned my next two acquisitions and am currently saving for them: a Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional and a DOXA SUB300 (or SUB300T). From your individual personal perspectives, how important is consideration of heritage and authenticity to you when building your watch collection? To put it another way, when purchasing a watch that has a longer history, do you place more value on purchasing modern iterations that closely connect with the material, color, and even brand ownership associated with the original watch, or do you appreciate new configurations, material, limited editions, and not worry about things like whether the brand has gone dormant and was revived or otherwise changed ownership hands?

Show Notes*:

*Please note that we have not been paid to talk about these items, and we are not sponsored by anyone. We promote what we love and what we believe in!

Previous
Previous

Episode 22 - Interview With A Collector: Perfect Timing With Daniel

Next
Next

Episode 20 - Interview With A Collector: TC, Making The (Watch) World A Better Place