Episode 11: It’s Complicated…

By Ernesto & Leslie

Subscribe to our Podcast: Apple Podcasts and Spotify. We want to hear your feedback. Please email us your comments and suggestions at bezelbanter@gmail.com. Let’s chat!

It’s complicated. But it’s not so complicated after all.

Watches were made as tools and had clear defined functions. To tell time was the first and main one. When creativity and human ingenuity take over, additional information appeared on the dial. We call them “complications.” The FHH gives a clear definition “any function other than the indication of hours, minutes or seconds.” It also created 5 categories to define the different type of complications:

  • Sound Signal

  • Astronomical Indications

  • Measurement of Short Time Lapses

  • Resulting from Everyday Life

  • Resulting from Design or Production

Nowadays, watches and complications aren’t necessary to tell the time or other precious information. But we still love to wear watches, and we still have our preferences. We choose 3 categories to classify our favorite watches and complications. You can find them below:

Our Favorite Complication In Our Collection:

Our Favorite Complication Overall:

The Complication We Feel Is The Most Useful:

Previous
Previous

Episode 12: Q & A

Next