Episode 10: In The Mood For Blue

By Ernesto & Leslie

Subscribe to our Podcast: Apple Podcasts and Spotify. We want to hear your feedback. Please email us your comments and suggestions at bezelbanter@gmail.com. Let’s chat!

SEND US YOUR QUESTIONS FOR THE Q&A SESSION ON WEDNESDAY 27TH

IMG_0767.jpg

Starting the recording and working on the editing of Episode 10 with the loyal Seiko SKX009

Episode 10 is here, and we are focused on the color blue. It is no surprise to know that blue dials are the most popular dials, and blue dial watches are the most sought after. Take for example the Patek Philippe Nautilus or the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak, and you’ll get a good picture.

Surprisingly, blue is considered a new color. No blue color was found on cave paintings and no word for the color blue existed during Ancient Greece. Homer, in the “Odyssey”, described the sea as being a dark wine color. Blue started to surface in Egypt about 6,000 years ago. The color was very rare and difficult to create. In Europe, when the Catholic Church decided to color code its Saints (around 400A.D.), blue was chosen for Virgin Mary. Associated with Trustworthiness, this color was then adopted by Royalty and the Military. It finally became a “boy” color after WWII when Marketing realized that gender clothes were selling more. Nowadays, the color blue is becoming more gender neutral, and it mostly reflects peace, serenity and is the people’s favorite color.

Blue dials are now in fashion. First, they are different than the traditional white and black dials. Additionally, they are the most versatile dial color you can find. No matter the watch, case, or metal, you can dress a blue dial timepiece up with a suit, and it’ll be on point. Dress it down with some jeans, and it’ll still fit. The range of blue available on dials is never ending and never boring. As you can guess, we, at Bezel Banter, are all in on them!

Please check our show notes below to finds all the related links. For any question, suggestion or comment, go ahead and drop us an email at bezelbanter@gmail.com or comment on @bezelbetermedia.

Show Notes*:

*Please note that we have not been paid to talk about these items, and we are not sponsored by anyone. We promote what we love and what we believe in!

Previous
Previous

Episode 11: It’s Complicated…

Next