Episode 1: In The Beginning, There Was The Black Bay

By Ernesto & Leslie

Subscribe to our Podcast: Apple Podcasts, and Spotify. We want to hear your feedback. Please email us your comments and suggestions at bezelbanter@gmail.com. Let’s chat!

Welcome to our very first episode of Bezel Banter. Today, we are jumping back in time to talk about the famous Tudor Heritage Black Bay (Ref. M79220) with the ETA movement, the meaning behind this diver, and how this friendship started.

IMG_3654.JPG

Not every friendship is based on the date written on the back of a watch warranty card, but uniquely this one is. When Ernesto came through the doors of a well-known authorized dealer in Central Florida that memorable Friday, September 16, 2016, he first met Leslie. They started talking about Tudor and watches in general, and they haven’t stopped talking about watches since then.

IMG_4582.JPG

At the time, Leslie was working for an authorized dealer known for carrying prestigious timepieces. Introduced to the world of watches by her father when she was a child, Leslie had just started collecting watches. Conversely, Ernesto had been a watch enthusiast for many years, and owned a few iconic timepieces.

warrantyCard.jpg

The importance of the M79220 in both of their collections and lives cannot be overstated. The M79220N (N for “Noir”) was Leslie’s first high end timepiece. For her, March 2016 was where the collecting journey started. Reminiscing the beginning of this obsession can be so nostalgic. For Ernesto, the M79220R marked the continuation of his incredible collecting journey. For both enthusiasts, it might have been their first Tudor watch, but definitely not their last.

A perfect travel companion and always ready for adventure. Here, the Tudor Black Bay riding the waves, in Corsica, France.

A perfect travel companion and always ready for adventure. Here, the Tudor Black Bay riding the waves, in Corsica, France.

A commonality between them, this watch also represented the ideal of travel and exploring. It was the one watch they wore in many of their adventures throughout the U.S. and the world.

Previous
Previous

Episode 2: The Meaning Behind Our Collection